Blog Archive

Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Wynwood Yard is an Excellent Detour



I set aside a full day to spend at Wynwood Walls. Little did I know that I would end up loitering The Wynwood Yard for more than half the day. What is the Yard you ask?

Wynwood Yard is outdoor bliss for food, culture and drink enthusiasts like myself. There is an eatery, bar, food trucks, garden, and open space to sit and dream. Every single person I came into contact with was friendly and went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied.



Yoga anyone?
Garden area

Hammock heaven
First order of business on the Yard train was to satiate my appetite with a happy bowl at Della Test Kitchen. My mind and body were content after devouring the Forbidden Bowl.
http://www.dellabowls.com/

Tempeh, veggies, black coconut rice, almonds & raw roots
You will indeed be happy!
After a brief intermission at Wynwood Walls, I returned to stalk this amazing space. My taste buds were yearning for some local beer, so I bellied up to the bar to wet my whistle. I'm a stickler about trying local beers when I travel, and this Miami Weiss by MIA Beer Co. was so good I had to have a double.

Thanks, I'll have another
After imbibing, the stomach was beckoning to be fed again. This time, I chose to dine at the Lone Wolf Food Truck and was excited for the vegan options on the menu.
http://www.lonewolfetruck.com/

Sweet Plantain Taco with a side of Black Beans


The Wynwood Yard offers numerous events, so I highly recommend checking their calendar frequently whether you are a local or visitor. I have already started fantasizing about my next visit.






This airstream has my name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment