Blog Archive

Thursday, September 8, 2016

What Do I Love About New Orleans - EVERYTHING



I can't believe it took me this long to get to New Orleans. I fell in love with this charismatic city the minute I hit the pavement, and I yearn for it every single day. 

This is a magical place where you can be yourself, and find something quirky at just about every turn. I have never taken so much pleasure in wandering. My biggest tip is to do just that - wander your tush off!

Let's get started with accommodations - look no further than Madame Isabelle's House to rest your head every night. Check out my review http://bit.ly/29lYJ05

I couldn't stop drooling over the architecture and this teaser will explain why.

















In the Big Easy, even bikes are cooler than yours. For real.











Let's move on to the delicious part - food! There is no shortage of mouthwatering vegetarian/vegan options. Here are my recommendations for sustenance and bars/live music venues:

Dreamy Weenies (ate there twice)
Crepe Cart at the French Market
Cafe du Monde
Carmo
Buffa's Bar & Restaurant
Good Karma Prasad Cafe @ Swan River Yoga
13 Monaghan


The vegan dogs are oh so dreamy

The Pesto @ Crepe Cart

So worth the mess (and calories)!

Vegan Acaraje @ Carmo

Red Beans & Rice @ Buffa's

Malaysian Curry Bowl @ Good Karma

Wed special @ 13 Monaghan - Black Bean Veggie Burger

Dat Dog (Frenchmen St location)
Gazebo Cafe
Igor's Checkpoint Charlie's
Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop
VASO Jazz Club
Dat Dog
Incredible musician @ Igor's
Lafitte's - the oldest structure used as a bar in the US
VASO Jazz Club

Not to be missed:

Louis Armstrong Park
Jazz in the Park at Louis Armstrong Park (highly recommend this event on Thursdays Sept.-Nov.)
Frenchmen Street (http://bit.ly/2bgbF7m)
Frenchmen Art Market
Riverfront along the Mississippi
Jackson Square
The French Market
French Quarter
Ride a streetcar


Louis Armstrong Park


So much talent and fun it should be illegal @ Jazz in the Park
Jackson Square


Random sightings in this glorious town!











































I hosted my first Instameet and it was smashing! I met some amazing people who made my trip even more memorable.



We are going to be the best of friends New Orleans. Can't wait to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment