Blog Archive

Friday, November 20, 2015

Hostel Detroit Will Make You Feel at Home


 
While I had a long time hankering for a trip to Detroit, Hostel Detroit is what prompted my visit to be sooner rather than later. The hostel followed me on Instagram, and I became immediately captivated with their gallery. It also didn't hurt that the hostel is bursting with character. 



Hostel Detroit is aesthetically pleasing, colorful, and inviting. There are numerous kitchens and bathrooms, computers, super WiFi access, and free laundry. I noticed that waste baskets were emptied, and new hand towels/bath mats placed in each bathroom daily.



The room rates were so affordable that I treated myself to an adorable private room for four nights, complete with everything a girl could ask for. Silly me forgot to snap a photo before I moved in and messed the place up.

If you are on a tight budget and arrive at the airport during the day as I did, I recommend taking Smart Bus 125 (make sure you get on the right one going downtown!) for a mere $2.25. I got off at the Fort and Cass stop, and walked about 20 minutes to the hostel. The bus ride downtown will cost you about one hour and 20 minutes of your life, but the price can't be beat.


I felt right at home at Hostel Detroit, and invite you to do the same.
http://www.hosteldetroit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment