Blog Archive

Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Joslyn Art Museum Stuns





I enjoy getting lost in a museum as much as the next guy; however, I rarely make it to one when I travel due to time constraints. That is, until I came to Omaha and caught a glimpse of the pink marble beauty otherwise known as the Joslyn Art Museum.

I carved out a couple of hours on my last day in town, and began swooning the minute I entered the grounds (can you blame me?).


There was even a group of folks gathered on the grass in the sculpture garden waiting for a yoga class to begin, and I was so wishing I had appropriate attire stowed in my suitcase.


I quickly got over it after stepping inside. The Joslyn Art Museum is a real knockout. Admission is free and you can store your large-size luggage at the information desk or use a locker for smaller items.




Grab a seat in Cafe Durham, located in the dreamy atrium, and nosh on some food while staring at the sky.



On your way out, be sure to browse the Hitchcock Museum Shop, where I purchased several unique gifts.
https://www.joslyn.org/








No comments:

Post a Comment