Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Omaha is a Must-See Travel Destination



There was never a doubt in my mind that I was going to adore Omaha after doing just a smidgen of investigating. Trust me when I say the city is a hidden gem. 

My initial purpose was to explore the cobblestone streets of the Old Market; however, I quickly discovered Omaha offers an abundance of activities above and beyond this district.

Omaha is a marvelous destination for solo travelers, families, and everyone in between. The city offers fantastic eateries, charm, and top-notch entertainment. The vast amount of art in the city had me on cloud nine. 

Please check out my individual posts for the Joslyn Art Museum, Hot Shops Art Center, the Benson neighborhood and downtown area (which I define as a playground for adults).

Food and Drink
Krug Park - excellent tap list
Matsu Sushi
Flavors (Indian) - go for the lunch buffet
La Buvette
Le Quartier Baking Co. Dundee
Modern Love - This vegan eatery was so delectable I ate there twice in three days.

Nutjob Brown Ale by Scriptown
Matsu Sushi
Flavors
La Buvette
La Buvette's beautiful patio
Caramelized Cauliflower Sandwich at Le Quartier
Beet Tartare at Modern Love
Island Burger & Odell's Porter at Modern Love
Mac & Shews at Modern Love

Culture
Joslyn Art Museum 
Hot Shops Art Center
Street art in the Benson neighborhood 
Heartland of America Park
Gene Leahy Mall
Old Market
Joslyn Castle
St. Cecilia's Cathedral

St. Cecilia's Cathedral


Joslyn Castle
Old Market






Convention Center
 

I wanted to see the inside!

New shoes:)




Omaha O! guy





The mesmerizing fountain at Heartland of America Park


No comments:

Post a Comment