Blog Archive

Sunday, May 3, 2015

V STREET - ONE OF THE REASONS I TRAVELED TO PHILLY



For the first time in my life, one of the reasons I booked a trip was for a restaurant. No kidding. I heard through the grapevine that a new vegan eatery featuring street food opened in Philly, so I started stalking their Facebook page.

I couldn't stop salivating over the food photos and descriptions, coming to the conclusion that I needed to dine at V Street, sooner rather than later. I booked a flight and had dinner the day of my arrival. The place was packed; however, two stools at the sizable, lovely front window were waiting for us.

My companion and I began with a couple of bevvies. I wanted to try a local beer and chose "Fear of the Brett Planet" (highly recommend). My friend decided on an interesting and refreshing cocktail, "Sevan Springs Eternal." We selected four menu items to share, which were all phenomenal and left us well satiated.
 
Peruvian Fries - aji amarillo, cilantro, olive, peanut

Korean Fried Tempeh Tacos - gochujang, radish kimchee, corn tortillas

Za'Atar Grilled Corn - zhoug, grilled tomato




Cauliflower Shawarma - flatbread, cucumbers, hummus, harissa

A big shout out to our impeccable and delightful server, Erin, who spent time with us despite being in demand. The timing for each plate was perfect. Honestly, the food might be the best I have ever had in my life. I'm not one to choose a favorite anything; however, V Street has me changing my tune.

You don't need to be vegetarian or vegan to thoroughly enjoy the fare. The dishes are highly creative and absolute flavor explosions. Dining at V Street was worthy in itself of my journey. Whether you are a local or just traveling through, you need to make a date with this street food bar.
http://vstreetfood.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment