I traveled to the city last week to partake in a few of my favorite holiday festivities - the Christkindlmarket, the windows and great tree at Macy's on State, and the CTA Holiday Train. I plan to head back soon to catch a few more.
Here are the events not to be missed:
- CTA Holiday Train through 12/23
- Christkindlmarket through 12/24
- Lincoln Park Zoo Lights through 1/4
- The Great Tree in the Walnut Room and Holiday Windows at Macy's through 1/11
- Navy Pier Winter Wonderfest through 1/11
- Millenium Park Ice Skating Rink through 3/8
My day couldn't begin without a donut from Firecakes, and this little beauty is a Meyer's Lemon that I devoured in almost one bite.
The Great Tree & Windows at Macy's
The only time I'm giddy when riding the "L"
Lunch time! I tried a new sushi place and so glad I did. Delicious vegan eats at Friends Sushi.
Bitburger and Gluhwein at the Christkindlmarket
Time's a-wastin' for some of these celebrations, so get yourself bundled up and head to Chicago.