Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Holiday Pleasure in Chicago

One of the best times to travel to Chicago is the winter/holiday season.Yes, the weather is frosty; however, there are some first-rate events to tickle your fancy regardless of the temperature.
 
I traveled to the city last week to partake in a few of my favorite holiday festivities - the Christkindlmarket, the windows and great tree at Macy's on State, and the CTA Holiday Train. I plan to head back soon to catch a few more. 

Here are the events not to be missed:

  • CTA Holiday Train through 12/23
  • Christkindlmarket through 12/24
  • Lincoln Park Zoo Lights through 1/4
  • The Great Tree in the Walnut Room and  Holiday Windows at Macy's through 1/11
  • Navy Pier Winter Wonderfest through 1/11
  • Millenium Park Ice Skating Rink through 3/8

My day couldn't begin without a donut from Firecakes, and this little beauty is a Meyer's Lemon that I devoured in almost one bite.
 

 The Great Tree & Windows at Macy's
 



















The only time I'm giddy when riding the "L"






























Lunch time! I tried a new sushi place and so glad I did. Delicious vegan eats at Friends Sushi.





Bitburger and Gluhwein at the Christkindlmarket













Time's a-wastin' for some of these celebrations, so get yourself bundled up and head to Chicago.



No comments:

Post a Comment