|A masterpiece by Blu and Os Gêmeos|
This east coast city easily became one of my favorites. I passed through years ago while living in Connecticut; however, never properly explored Boston (aka Beantown). One of my besties moved here to study, so it was the ideal time to become better acquainted. I definitely left with a good feeling about that.
Here are my top picks for what to see and do:
- Harpoon Brewery - For just $5, you get a tour and lip-smacking tasters in a really fun atmosphere.
- Public Garden - This is a beautiful place for a stroll. If you need a break from walking, you can hop on an adorable swan boat.
- Beacon Hill - A quaint place to go back in time and admire remarkable 19th-century architecture while walking on cobblestone streets.
- Bukowski Tavern - The initial desire to go here was because George Takei visited a few months before me. After following the bar on Facebook, it looked like a cool place worthy of checking out and I was right. Dive-style with a substantial beer selection and friendly vibe.
- Veggie Galaxy - Words can't describe how much I love the food at this restaurant! I ate there twice and it wasn't enough. Vegetarian or not, make tracks to this place.
- Liberty Hotel - I can't speak for sleeping here; however, I can speak for wandering around this interesting, attractive hotel. It used to be a jail and still features some unique remnants.
- Legal Harborside - If you venture from your table, take note of markers or you may never find it again in this 20,000 square foot, stunning seafood restaurant. You will feel like a VIP dining here.
- Boston Common Park - The perfect place to cop a squat and people watch, all day long....
- Abby Lane - The only place for beer and warm, fresh doughnuts that come adorned with dipping sauces. We lucked out with mascarpone, raspberry jam and vanilla bean.
- Harvard University Campus - If I could pull an "Elle Woods" and get into Harvard, I would like totally go here. If would be difficult to study though, because the campus is so gorgeous. Wait until you see the photo of the "campus lounge area."
- The Thinking Cup - "Think" amazing lattes, the most delectable macarons this side of France, and tables decorated with old newspapers. A delightful place to hang out.
- Charles River Esplanade - You can't leave Boston without a leisurely walk around the Charles River and Boston Harbor.
|Cheers at Bukowski Tavern|
|Glazed seitan loaf at Veggie Galaxy|
|"Prison" elevators at Liberty Hotel|
|My sides at Legal Harborside|
|Met the most interesting man in the world|
|Boston Common Park|
|Memorial Hall at Harvard|
|The lounge area where no actual studying takes place|
|The Thinking Cup|
|Sittin' on the dock of the bay (insert Otis Redding whistle)|