Blog Archive

Saturday, February 8, 2014

MY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BEANTOWN


A masterpiece by Blu and Os Gêmeos

This east coast city easily became one of my favorites. I passed through years ago while living in Connecticut; however, never properly explored Boston (aka Beantown). One of my besties moved here to study, so it was the ideal time to become better acquainted. I definitely left with a good feeling about that. 

Here are my top picks for what to see and do:
  • Harpoon Brewery - For just $5, you get a tour and lip-smacking tasters in a really fun atmosphere.
  • Public Garden - This is a beautiful place for a stroll. If you need a break from walking, you can hop on an adorable swan boat.
  • Beacon Hill - A quaint place to go back in time and admire remarkable 19th-century architecture while walking on cobblestone streets.
  • Bukowski Tavern - The initial desire to go here was because George Takei visited a few months before me. After following the bar on Facebook, it looked like a cool place worthy of checking out and I was right. Dive-style with a substantial beer selection and friendly vibe.
  • Veggie Galaxy - Words can't describe how much I love the food at this restaurant! I ate there twice and it wasn't enough. Vegetarian or not, make tracks to this place.
  • Liberty Hotel - I can't speak for sleeping here; however, I can speak for wandering around this interesting, attractive hotel. It used to be a jail and still features some unique remnants.
  • Legal Harborside - If you venture from your table, take note of markers or you may never find it again in this 20,000 square foot, stunning seafood restaurant. You will feel like a VIP dining here.
  • Boston Common Park - The perfect place to cop a squat and people watch, all day long....
  • Abby Lane - The only place for beer and warm, fresh doughnuts that come adorned with dipping sauces. We lucked out with mascarpone, raspberry jam and vanilla bean. 
  • Harvard University Campus - If I could pull an "Elle Woods" and get into Harvard, I would like totally go here. If would be difficult to study though, because the campus is so gorgeous. Wait until you see the photo of the "campus lounge area."
  • The Thinking Cup -  "Think" amazing lattes, the most delectable macarons this side of France, and tables decorated with old newspapers. A delightful place to hang out.
  • Charles River Esplanade - You can't leave Boston without a leisurely walk around the Charles River and Boston Harbor.




Public Garden




Cheers at Bukowski Tavern

Glazed seitan loaf at Veggie Galaxy

"Prison" elevators at Liberty Hotel

My sides at Legal Harborside

Met the most interesting man in the world

Boston Common Park


  Memorial Hall at Harvard





The lounge area where no actual studying takes place








The Thinking Cup


Sittin' on the dock of the bay (insert Otis Redding whistle)




I hope you have enjoyed "my" Boston. I can't believe it took me so long to get to know this remarkable city. Even Logan Airport has a conversation piece.


Rock lobster!


No comments:

Post a Comment