Blog Archive

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Unique Spring Break Getaways

I kind of miss those wild spring break days way back when.  Going to Daytona Beach, sitting for hours in the sand, drinking cheap beer and watching the athletic people play volleyball.  

It's 2014 now, and Daytona Beach is so yesterday.  Why do the same thing everyone else is doing?  While one of my picks is in Florida, it's quite different.

I present to you my bi-coastal choices for a unique spring break experience:

Miami!   
This is the only city in Florida that I haven't been to and want to see.  A friend shared this YouTube video, which really sealed the deal for me.  I'm obsessed with street art and this in itself is worthy of a trip:

 

After you're done soaking in all that stimulating creativity, grab some food and drinks at Joey's Italian Cafe, Wood Tavern or Wynwood Kitchen & Bar.

Get in on the nightlife action with this sweet little “credit card.” Nothing says VIP like jumping the line at trendy clubs. http://www.peek.com/activity-p5151376-night_life_club_pass_miami/

How about a scavenger hunt? What a perfect way to see the sites with a large group. This activity will take you to architectural, historic and unique sites via clues and puzzles.
http://www.peek.com/activity-p11853278-team_adventure_quest_miami/


Hicksville Trailer Palace!    

This is part trailer park and part motel in Joshua Tree, CA.  Another place I recently heard about and must see with my own eyes.  It's an all-inclusive vacation right on the premises with vintage themed trailers, a heated saltwater pool, archery, BB gun range, ping pong, fire pit, tipi and a whole lot more.



The proprietors are so cool that they run the place on solar power. The trailers have cute names like The Fifi, The Pony, Tiki Hut and The Sideshow. My biggest problem would be choosing which one to stay in. http://www.hicksville.com/motel.html 


If you feel the need to explore beyond all this awesomeness, they kindly offer up some nearby activities on their website.
 

I may never get tickets to Coachella, but I will book a trip to Hicksville Trailer Palace!  Are you with me?
Get those plans in motion before it's too late!
All Hicksville Trailer Palace photos taken from their Facebook page and website with permission from Morgan Higby Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment