Blog Archive

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pinch me! I'm getting paid to talk about travel!



There is always an image to be found

I can't believe that I'm going to be teaching three mini-courses at the University of Wisconsin next month to talk about my favorite subject.  You must all know what that would be, right?   

Let's get something straight - I definitely don't need to get paid to talk about my greatest passion in life, but it sure doesn't hurt.  It will help me discover another piece of this amazing planet we are so privileged to live on.

I have never "professionally" taught, which thankfully isn't a requirement in this case, because they are non-credit courses.  I am, however, committed to sharing my insights about traveling around the globe.  I will keep on wandering as long as I'm alive and kicking.

 
My addiction is permanently inked

My first two classes will be about traveling in the U.S. and Europe, and my final class will entail travel blogging.  I was so fortunate to get my start in this field with the Chicago Tribune.  I blogged for two of their social media sites for three years.  I enjoyed it so much, that I decided to pursue writing this blog and a travel/leisure page on Facebook (Global Hidden Gems).


Breathtaking Positano, Italy

If you are in the Madison area, please consider signing up for my classes.  I would love to connect and share with you.  I am over the moon for this amazing opportunity!

Here are the descriptions as noted on the website:

February 5th from 7-9pm:  America's Hidden Gems
Sometimes the greatest travel destinations are much closer than you think - explore the tourism gems of America, right in your own big backyard!  Learn about inexpensive, unique housing and transportation options to maximize your funds and how budget-friendly traveling in the U.S. can be!  We will also discuss searching for "off-the-beaten-path" fun and inexpensive outings and activities.  INSTRUCTOR:  Sherry BonDurant, travel blogger and frugal traveling extraordinaire. She has traveled all over the U.S. and to multiple countries in Europe.  Her favorite aspects of traveling include experiencing new cultures, foods, and meeting locals. 


A hidden gem in America - Osaka Garden in Chicago


February 12th from 7-9pm:  Europe's Hidden Gems

Dream of traveling to Europe, but worried about the sticker price? We will discuss traveling Europe in style, on a budget!  Learn about inexpensive, unique housing and transportation options to maximize your funds. We will also discuss searching for "off-the-beaten-path" fun and inexpensive outings and activities.  INSTRUCTOR:  Sherry BonDurant, travel blogger and frugal traveling extraordinaire.  She has traveled all over the U.S. and to multiple countries in Europe.  Her favorite aspects of traveling include experiencing new cultures, foods, and meeting locals. 


A European hidden gem - Musical Instruments Museum in Brussels

February 19th from 7-9pm:  Become a Travel Blogger

What better way to document your travel adventures than by writing a travel blog? In this class, we will discuss how to get started as a blogger, how to choose a topic you love, and how to gain followers!  Discover the opportunities available for travel writers and bloggers, the world is at your fingertips!   INSTRUCTOR:  Sherry BonDurant, travel blogger and frugal traveling extraordinaire. She began writing a travel blog for the Chicago Tribune, and continues writing a personal blog today. She has traveled all over the U.S. and to multiple countries in Europe.  Her favorite aspects of traveling include experiencing new cultures, foods, and meeting locals. 

My new laptop

Here is the link with all the details if you would like to learn more or sign up for a class -
http://www.union.wisc.edu/minicourses.htm

Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment