Blog Archive

Saturday, August 29, 2015

CHICAGO STREET FESTIVALS

When I can't travel abroad, the next best thing is a street festival. The possibilities for that are endless in the Windy City, and I hopped on Megabus this past weekend to experience a couple of them.

First stop was Stan's Donuts, to inhale a delectable pastry. I didn't exactly inhale this chocolate orange old-fashioned, as a fork was the way to go.



The opening festival was the Taste of Greece. Since this country still appears on my bucket list, I figured I could at least experience some food and drink while shouting "Opa." I imbibed on Hillas, a traditional Greek beer, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I couldn't stop drooling over my delicious spanakopita.



I needed to walk off the food and beer before moving on to the next venue, so what better place than a stroll along the Chicago River.



Time for a train ride to the Albany Park World Fest. This was where I planned to dance until the cows come home with bands Magic Carpet (East African & Arabica) and Bossa Tres with Dil Costa Samba Dancers (Brazilian). These huge talents were absolutely mesmerizing and I didn't want it to end.











Sadly, I was in town only for the day and it had to end. Even when it's dark, you are beautiful and intriguing Chicago!








No comments:

Post a Comment