Blog Archive

Friday, January 23, 2015

Beer Me at the Mason Lounge





Are you like me and become really enthusiastic when you find the perfect place to throw back a few beers? Color me happy, because my new centrally located digs are within walking distance of the Mason Lounge.




As soon as you enter this easygoing bar, you will feel like you are at a friend's house. Check any pretensions at the door, because they aren't needed here. Kick back on a bar stool, high top or cozy sofa. Marvelous tchotchkes can be found just about everywhere you look.




The proprietor, Bryan, and his staff, are extremely friendly and will take good care of you. There is a dandy assortment of wine and whiskey; however, the real draw (in my book) is the impressive selection of craft beer. You may do a double take when you see the sweet prices that go along with them, averaging about $5 per beer. 

I enjoyed everything I sampled including Des Chutes Red Chair IPA, Furthermore Floating Fire, and especially the New Belgium Portage Porter and Widmer KGB Imperial Stout, which are pictured below.


FYI - not the typical glass size

I don't need another reason to make a date with the Mason Lounge, but if you do, they offer live music and no TVs. The overhead music won't break your eardrums, so you are good with conversation. This would also be a cool place to bring the folks (if you like hanging out with them).

I'm proud to say that I plan to be a regular. Whether you are a local or just breezing through town, you need to check out the Mason Lounge. 




Follow their Facebook page to learn about upcoming events and the current tap list -  https://www.facebook.com/pages/the-MASON-lounge/115147651844969
 

No comments:

Post a Comment