Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

MY TOP 5 ITALY PICKS

Italy is a magnificent country that should be on everyone's bucket list. The Amalfi Coast is pure magic, and you will feel like you stepped into a postcard upon arriving. Rome and the Ruins of Pompeii gave me goosebumps. The history and architecture were astounding, and I felt like I had time traveled to a different century.

1) The Colosseum - This photo depicts my initial reaction when I laid eyes on this notable amphitheater (I couldn't move).





 


2) Ristorante O'Parrucchiano in Sorrento - An eatery so perfect I dined there twice in two days because of the mouthwatering food, impeccable service, and captivating outdoor garden seating area. http://bit.ly/1G9P3h5






 
3) Positano - Words cannot begin to describe the breathtaking allure this pastel colored village offers, so I will let the photos do the talking.







4) Trevi Fountain - You will be mesmerized as soon as you lay eyes on this treasure.




5) Ruins of Pompeii - Spend an entire day trying to imagine what once was.







I wouldn't recommend the city bus (SITA) ride along the Amalfi Coast for the faint-hearted like myself; however, it was an experience that I don't regret.
 


2 comments:

  1. I just emailed this link to my husband and told him I want to go to that restaurant in Sorrento.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Wandering Carol! When are you going? Enjoy!

      Delete