Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Where to Travel Memorial Day Weekend




Typically, I stick around the U.S. for Memorial Day weekend, participating in relaxation, picnics and smelling like charcoal. That's all going to change this year, as I will be hopping on a plane for something a bit more exotic. I can justify it, because I had to cancel my spring trip to Europe. I'm traveling to Mexico City for seven nights and I couldn't be more excited. After doing some research about what to see and do there, I have finally been able to move forward.


Mexico City!
Do you also have rituals that you follow over the holiday weekend? If you want to be adventurous or just get out of town, I found an excellent list of options to do just that. The list was put out by Lonely Planet and features the top 10 U.S. travel destinations for 2014. 


Take your pick!

The cities span from east to west and in between. I have been to five of these places and my top pick would be Kansas City. I went there last year on a whim, and it was one of the best trips of my life.

Even if you can't make it to any of these destinations over the holiday weekend, summer is right around the corner. Set the wheels in motion and go explore.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/usa/great-plains/kansas-city/travel-tips-and-articles/top-10-us-travel-destinations-for-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment