Blog Archive

Thursday, July 6, 2017

A Sample of Chicago's Striking Architecture


The astonishing Rookery Building
I lived in Chicago for seven years and never fully appreciated being engulfed by striking architecture. Every time I visit, I make a point of discovering new structures. Bonus points for buildings that stop me dead in my tracks, as occurred during my last excursion.

The Hunter Building boasts an incredible mural by Ella & Pitr 

The captivating Schatz Building

Design

Skyline views and lights of Buckingham Fountain

Canoodle with nature amongst skyscrapers


No fear of heights

Gargoyles at Harold Washington Library

Patterns

A fountain side view

My fave - artsy house in the South Loop
I can't wait to see what turns up next time. What are your favorite architectural spots in the Windy City?

No comments:

Post a Comment