Blog Archive

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Abandoned Places and Street Art in Puerto Rico





My intro to street art in Puerto Rico was a riveting piece on Posada San Francisco's Facebook page (the hostel I stayed at). I couldn't wait to see it with my own eyes and was absolutely mesmerized when I stood in front of it. Can you blame me? It was so tempting to investigate from the inside.



One of the street art Facebook pages suggested I visit the La Perla community for street art finds. As you can see, this adventure did not disappoint. 




























Rather than tour the Bacardi Rum Factory in Catano like everyone else, I chose to see what the island had to offer. This abandoned church was my first eye-opener.


Still holds so much character

Can you believe some of the stained glass is still intact?








The remaining shots are from the Old San Juan barrio.



























































Next time, I hit the streets of San Juan.

No comments:

Post a Comment