Blog Archive

Sunday, August 17, 2014

MURALS AND MORE IN PLYMOUTH





Did someone say murals? The minute I heard that Plymouth had 20+ murals, a brewery AND award-winning pizza, I made plans for a road trip. I have never been to Plymouth and most likely never would have had I not heard about the murals. I realized what a foolish mistake that was the minute I arrived on Mill Street, the town's main thoroughfare.

Plymouth is one of the most aesthetically pleasing towns I have ever laid eyes on. It offers amazing architecture, eclectic shops, restaurants, an arts center, brewery, wine bar, and so much more. Interested in an extended visit? No problem, because there are numerous lodging options available.







Being the art fanatic that I am, I couldn't tear myself away from the walldog-style murals, because they are just that engaging and detailed. The art history dates back to 2011, when the downtown street lights went out, the projector lights came on, and 160 artists from around the globe created 21 murals here in just four days. Astounding!

The only disappointment from the day was that Plymouth Brewery wasn't open; however, I was still able to score one of their beers at Deo'Malley's Pizza Pub. I highly recommend devouring a pizza at this charming eatery. I chose to create my own cheese pie with perfect thin crust, broccoli and garlic. Yum!






The murals are located on Mill Street; however, some of them are harder to spot than others (I missed a couple). I suggest picking up a visitors guide at the Plymouth Chamber of Commerce, located at 647 Walton Dr. The chamber is open Monday through Friday from 9-4pm. Don't despair if you can't get there, because everyone in town was hospitable, including the lovely insurance agency that provided me with a guide.
 


Had I known this small town was so splendiferous, I would have blocked off more time to hang out. A return trip is definitely in order with plans to spend an entire weekend. Get Plymouth, WI on your bucket list and let me know when it's crossed off.

http://www.plymouthwisconsin.com/ 























































 



I adore the artistic Little Free Libraries!










Even the 52 Stafford Hotel got in on a little mural fun.





Until next time Plymouth....





No comments:

Post a Comment