Blog Archive

Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'm off to Mexico City!


 
Photo courtesy Wikipedia

Mexico is on my bucket list, and come Memorial Day, I will be able to check it off. I'm heading to Mexico City for eight days and Monday won't come soon enough. For the first time, I haven't planned every detail and look forward to a bit of "winging it" on this trip.


Time to brush up on my Spanish

Here are a few things that I do have planned:

 -Stay above a cafe/bike organization
 -Share a meal with a local through EatWith. If you haven't heard about this new concept, check out the link to learn more - http://www.eatwith.com/ 
-Attend several Couchsurfing events
-Drink Mezcal for the first time
-Spend time in Coyoácan, where Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera lived
-See the pyramids at Teotihuacan

 
Where I will be sleeping for 7 nights!

Photo courtesy Drinkhacker

Teotihuacan Pyramids via Get in Travel 

That's all for now folks. If you want to see updates and photos while I'm there, please feel free to check out my travel Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-Hidden-Gems/158370334320748.

Adiós!

No comments:

Post a Comment