Blog Archive

Sunday, November 17, 2013

The One and Only Burnie's Rock Shop



It has been a number of years since I visited one of Madison ’s most unique venues, Burnie’s Rock Shop.  I have been following them on Facebook, and was anxious for a return trip after seeing all the impressive photos on their page.



I made contact and a date was set with the lovely Reena.  She was there to greet me in the warm and inviting shop.  In fact, all of the staff were friendly and ready to answer any questions. You won’t find too many places like Burnie’s.

 






While I still have memories of poring over rocks and gems, nothing could prepare me for all the phenomenal items the store has available for sale.  There is something for everyone, and their excellent choice of music, including Thomas Dolby, The Cars, and Blondie, was music to my ears. 

 

I was like a kid in a candy store.  I started a “tray” for the goods I was preparing to buy.  While walking around taking photos, I was introduced to one of the owners, the very personable and delightful Sonali Zaveri-Franke.  



Sonali told me she is happy with the fact that people, such as me, are interested in local businesses.  Sonali shared that she and her husband purchase their goods from local vendors as much as possible.  In addition, the shop offers tours to the public including school groups.  What a cool field trip that would be! 
  
 


Would you like to impress your family and friends this holiday season?  Then get yourself to Burnie’s Rock Shop for one-of-a-kind items including jewelry, books, fossils, rocks, pottery, crafts, and so much more.  Outsmart those people trying to find parking and fighting large crowds at the mall by shopping at ONE extraordinary location.


In addition, Burnie's is part of the Gem, Mineral and Jewelry Show taking place on November 23rd and November 24th at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.  Get hooked up with deals on jewelry, crystals, rough rock, specimens and fossils.  You and the kiddos can see arrowheads being made and pan for gold and sapphires.   

http://www.visitmadison.com/includes/calendar-of-events/Madison-Gem-Mineral-Show-Sale/31976/

Confession – my desires were larger than my current budget; therefore, I was only able to select two of the many items I was planning to purchase.  I chose a pair of beautiful crystal earrings and a blue agate rock.  It's hard to believe, but these two gems only set me back $12.00.  Now go and get your own, and support your local businesses!


No comments:

Post a Comment