Blog Archive

Friday, September 13, 2013

Take a Tour at Boulevard Brewery




Since I'm a huge fan of craft beer, I always look for breweries when I travel.  Fortunately, on my trip to Kansas City, Boulevard Brewery was within walking distance of where I was staying and it had top-notch reviews.



This place is extremely popular, so arrive when they open at 10am to get signed up for a free tour.  Tickets are only available the day of the tour on a first-come, first-served basis.  







I had two personable and knowledgeable tour guides, Gabby and Carlene.  Sometimes the tours are a bit monotonous since I have been on so many, but not with these two fun ladies leading the pack!





The brewery is absolutely striking and everything was spotless.  It ends in the tasting room, which was spacious with an excellent bar to order from.

 


You will get four samples to wet your whistle; one at the start and three in the tasting room.  On my visit, we could choose from these 10 beers.  All of mine were mouthwatering, and if I had to pick a favorite, I would choose Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale (probably because it had the highest alcohol content:)




This was, by far, the best brewery tour I have been on thanks to the beer, facility, and guides.  Plan accordingly so that you don't miss out.  Once you arrive, you won't want to leave.




http://www.boulevard.com/brewery/brewery-tours/tour-system/

2 comments: