Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A DAY IN THE COUNTRY

My little venture into the country started with lunch at the quaint Spring Green General Store.  This renovated cheese warehouse is a true hidden gem!  I felt like I had taken a step back in time.



I was famished, so the first order of business was to get some nourishment.  You get to take a cute little country flag back to your table to identify your order.  I was disappointed that I didn't get Kenya, as the party in front of me got it (I have already been to Ireland).

It should say Kenya

I quickly got over it after my food arrived, because it was delicious!  The red lentil dal was seasoned perfectly, and who knew a simple hummus sandwich could be this tasty.  I really liked it on the multi-grain baguette.


Serious yum

I couldn't wait to hit the wooden floors and explore the general store.  It was a playground full of unique and fun items.  My companion and I were having so much fun reading the fridge magnets that we caused a bit of a ruckus.


I want to learn how to do this

My only purchase was these awesome bandages, because where would I find them again?!  This design is one of many clever packages (you will have to see the rest for yourself). 

Great conversation piece, right?

http://springgreengeneralstore.com


Time to stop stalking the general store and move on to Peck's Farm, where feeding the goats was at the top of my list.  Bring some quarters for the gumball-style machines filled with corn to feed these cute little beggars.

But we are still hungry
While I enjoyed seeing lots of animals on the farm, I think my favorite has to be these adorable ducklings following mama across the dirt road.

Don't you agree?

There is so much happening at Peck's Farm, especially now that autumn is here and Halloween is approaching.  Do beware - there are some spooky entities on the grounds, including Hannibal Lecter.  I didn't mind getting close for a photo op, because he's in a straitjacket.

So creepy!

Lunch anyone?


How did he get in there?

Once you are done playing outdoors, you can step inside the store to find fruits, veggies, cheese, candy, baked goods and a whole lot more.  You can also find some pretty cool Halloween baubles and pick your own pumpkin.

I couldn't leave without these

These guys can hook you up

Whether you live in the area or are just visiting, at least one trip to Peck's Farm should be on your calendar.

Beautiful color!


No better place to get a pumpkin

http://www.pecksfarmmarketeast.com/seasons-attractions

No comments:

Post a Comment